Friday, October 2, 2015

Always Remembering Him

In the jungle the mighty jungle
Dawn Patrol Matagalpa. Mowgli has finally gotten back out into the jungle. I currently live and write you from a jungly little mountainside. Matagalpa is the so cal here in nicaragua. It gets a little toasty during the day but there is always a little cool breeze. At night it gets a little chilly. So dope. Just like t town. The transition will be a little smoother in a few months. My new companion is elder ferrin. Utah and water polo. Collin i will need a little help cuz all this water nonsense is going right over my head. He is way dope though and we will have a great time here. I have been having a lot of meetings with President Collado and the leadership here in Matagalpa. President told me today before i left that I will not be leaving until Matagalpa district becomes Matagalpa stake. 

I love elder hirschi. I am gonna miss that little dude. We have had so many awesome experiences together. Even though he doesnt know who lebron james is and has never seen the superbowl (which the jakes will change this coming year) he has become one of my closest friends and has been a great example to me. 
We ended our time together celebrating his 20 birthday and going out to Leon on monday. We threw a frisbee around in front of the big catholic church there. I may or may not have pulled an adam sandler from the movie big daddy after holding my pee in for way too long. nobody saw... well maybe a few drunks. (It's like the time little Bryce was hopping around in downtown SanDiego while we were feeding the homeless and with no bathrooms close by the homeless man pointed to a tree behind the library and said, "Hey man, when you gotta go, you gotta go!)  I later purchased a sweet surf nicaragua shirt right off a drunk dude in the street on the way to eat some shwarma with hirschi. We head stopped by this sweeeeeeeeet beach before we went home. It was by far the most beautiful thing i have seen here in nicaragua. 30 minute drive on a dirt road through the jungle to get to this baby. Las peƱitas. Only barrels and not a single person in sight. 

Leaving my old ward this week was very hard. I love so many people there. I was able to speak on sunday before i left and it was on of the more special experiences that i have had on my mission. Its a love that i had never really felt before Nicaragua. Its something that i will never be able to forget. 

Elder hirschi and i had a pool party this week. Osmar, Jenny, Cindi, Britney, and Patricia all got baptized on thursday and friday this week. Patricia was a evangelical pastor 3 years ago and now is a freakin Mormon baby. The other guys are a mom dad and the two little girls. It was an amazing experience. Seeing how God can turn people's lives around is incredible. 

I am so grateful for the life that i have been given. I have said it so many times but this life is so much more meaningful and can be so much happier when we let God change us and be a part of it. He is always with us. His son died for us and is willing to take upon him our pains and trials when we humble ourselves and always remember him. 

 Alma 33:11
And thou didst hear me because of mine afflictions and my sincerity; and it is because of thy Son that thou hast been thus merciful unto me, therefore I will cry unto thee in all mine afflictions, for in thee is my joy; for thou hast turned thy judgments away from me, because of thy Son.

love you guys. stay sleezy.


No comments:

Post a Comment