Saturday, March 14, 2015

Phone call from the President - Take 2 (Dylan's Story)

Hello everybody. Checkin in for the first time in a couple of weeks. Things have been pretty nectar out here in nicaragua. Hope you guys are all staying sleezy. 

This last couple of weeks have been pretty dope.  I have been traveling around all the mission with President. In the last couple of weeks have have made a complete circle around the mission 3 times.  I have been having a freakin awesome time and have been exhausted. I am hardly in my area here in managua but i get to show a little love to all of my old companions and people i have met all over nicaragua which has been pretty dope.  The beaches are awesome here and the swells have been big. Still havent made it into the water yet. The rash is very much present though. It is starting to get very humid here again and chafey college has started classes again on my cheeks boulevard. My cheeks have been a little more protected recently due to the help of ashley... the mission toyota hilux truck. She comes with me all over managua and nicaragua everyday especially during changes the last week. We had about 160 missionaries with changes and apparently this was the biggest the mission has ever seen. No one died so i think i did a good job. 

Speaking of driving, i was in the car with president driving to esteli and matagalpa on friday. I was sitting up in the front seat taking a nice car nap. One of the sister training leaders was complaining that her mom doesnt write her so president asked her what her moms phone number was. He called her right there and he talked with her mom for about 10 minutes or so. We were told we werent allowed to say anything. He finished talking and he looked over to me in the front seat, gave me his iphone and told me to call my mom. I remember typing the number into the phone so easily and thinking how weird it was that i hadnt forgotten the number and that i was calling my mother from inside this car as we drove through this nicaraguan jungle. I got the chills so hard when i called and temecula california popped up on the screen. Moms sweet little voice answered the phone and sound worried. President told mom some stuff about me and i will never forget what suzette said. Relieved and crying "President, thank you so much for telling me that." I had no intention of going grandma jake mode before the call but when mom said those words, sounding like she needed hear them, i let two little ones go as i imagined my beautiful mother so happy and crying on the other side of the line. President asked her if there was anything that see would want to tell me. I know that my mother knew i was there because she went on 5 minute rant telling me all the things she didnt get to say in the airport security line 10 months ago. Mom thank you for that. I love you so much. Its not easy having you gone either. 


 

Some guy told me this week that salvation and happiness are personal experiences. I thought a lot about that during the week and thought about how sad that idea is. You guys are everything to me. Happiness in this life and in the next will come through not what we do for ourselves but what we do for others. Happiness is not a personal experience. Family is everything. Friends are unforgettable. And God is the most important part of it. 

12 And as I partook of the fruit there of it filled my soul with exceedingly great joy; wherefore, I began to be desirous that my family should partake of it also; for I knew that it was desirable above all other fruit.


Love all you guys. Take it sleezy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment