Saturday, April 11, 2015

Surf Report - March 24, 2015

"I know God will bless me with a ton of barrels when I get home!"  Elder Jake

Elder Cua is having a surprise go away dinner in Corinto.  It is a two hour drive from Managua on the northwest coast of Nicaragua.  Dylan and Elder Sirrine surprised him and Dylan visited the ocean for the first time on his mission.  

"We all come from the sea, but we are not all of the sea. Those of us who are, we children of the tides, must return to it again and again, until the day we don't come back leaving only that which was touched along the way. "

- Frosty Hesson

This is his video commentary -
"Hello everybody....swell coming in.  I'm at the ocean and it is amazing.  It is just like Costa Rica but better because there is nobody here.  I came down here because I am going to work with some missionaries in Chinandega.  I visited Elder Cua last night because he lives a block off the beach.  I am pretty jealous about that.  I'm going to talk President and see if he can throw me out here.

Barrell Barrell Barrell!  Aaagh...It is amazing!  The sand is nice here too.  It is shack city, the straight jungle and way doper than Costa Rica because there is nobody here. The beach here is amazing because of the sand.  There are no tourist or surfers.  These aren't even the best beaches.  The best beaches are in the south mission.  The water is not super hot or cold.  There are no surfboards here though so I couldn't go in if I wanted to:)  I would have to take half of someone's house and use that. "



I love you guys so much. hope you have a great week. thank you for you letters. i promise a good letter next week. a lot of time near the beach really allowed me to get in my element and i did a lot of thinking about life and the mish. it was nice. ocean is my home thats for sure. never feel more at home and comfortable and at peace with myself and with life than when i am there. no shredding and water for 2 years is freakin hard but i know god is gonna bless me with a ton of freakin barrels when i get home. love you guys. take it sleezy. dont change on me. 

Elder Jake


Elder Sirrine and Elder Jake















No comments:

Post a Comment