Thursday, July 30, 2015

Blood, Burritos and Happiness


What is up everybody. Dawn Patrol Nicaragua. Elder Jake is doing well and the hole in my head has closed up finally. I have not been traveling lately. I am here in my area in managua and its freakin sick. I love being with people. And there are so many people here that i love . We had a couple of baptisms these last couple of weeks.. Karla and Jose Ramon. Their families will be going in this weekend and the next.  I will send the pictures next week. 

Today Hirschi and I went to a volcano in Masaya which is in the south mission. I am finally getting off my butt on pday and starting to milk some of the perks that one gets for being with the big man for 8 months. The volcano was dope and after i took a nap. Solid pday. 



President and I have become very close since december. The other day he brought a burrito to my apartment when i was sick and we sat there and talked as i ate it.  (Dylan had Chikungunia a few weeks ago.  It is transmitted by mosquitoes but is also contagious.) We enjoy pancakes at his crib on monday mornings. A couple of days ago he ran into the sliding glass door and almost shattered it and i havent let him forget it since.  My life has changed so quickly in the time that i have been here in the mission. It has changed 10 times faster in the time i have spent with President. He told me something that was very humbling a few days ago. He told me that the reason he is comfortable letting his children stay with my mother and family is because of desicions and example that he has seen in me. I am only a product of those who gave me everthing. I owe everything to my father and mother. And I thank god everyday for them. I hope the collado kids wont have too many mental and physical scars after spending a few weeks with brycito and the all the insanity in JAKEWOOD. 

If you want to be happy for an hour, eat a burrito.
If you want to be happy for a day, play basketball.
If you want to be happy for a week, surf.
If you want to be happy for a month, buy a car.
If you want to be happy for a lifetime, put your faith in Jesus Christ. 

Love you all. stay sleezy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment