Wednesday, June 24, 2015

The Man

Dawn Patrol Managua. 

Life has been great. God is too good to me. I am grateful for so many things- the mish, the gospel, the fam, sleezy, cass, and for all of the people here in nicaragua that i love. 

Last couple weeks have been sick. Made it back to corinto and that was dope. It rained so hard out there and after wearing the same pants, shoes and socks for 4 days the rash, that requires at least 30 minutes of messing around time in the ocean, was fully developed. Dermatology is boring Uncle Greg but after this week my love for fine creams and lotions really fired up. 

Elder Hirschi, President Collado, Elder Jake
President Collado and I are pretty tight now. Last week he gave me a clutch update on the ripcurl pro that happened here in nicaragua a couple of weeks ago. He told me who the three finalists were and that a dude from costa rica took it. He is a great man. He has been an amazing example to me and I have learned so much from him in the last 7 months that i have been with him. We are currently working on his english together. He asked me what "shred" means from my video to dad on fathers day. I told him id show him if he invited me to bunk up with him in costa rica post mish. We are currently working on the pronunciation for "stoked."



My birthday was great. Wow. 21 years old. I am a freaking old man abd there are still so many dumb things that i need to do. My man strength is coming in nicely. Jake you would be proud. I still remember the day i popped out of mom. Time flies. It was truly the most humble birthday i have ever had- but by far the most memorable. It was just another day working and i had a cup of noodles for dinner but it will be one that i will never forget. I got to spend it with all of my people in tipitapa- the poorest place i have served in or been in during my mission, but is the place i love most and one day i will hopefully be able make a return there. I want to thank all of you for your emails, letters, and the packages that cass and mom and dad sent me. I really feel the love all the way over here in nicaragua. Of all the little things i recieved from you guys and my nicas here, the dopest present i got came from the family of one of my converts in tipitapa. Scarlet, the sister of my covert Jorgito, named her baby "Jacob" after me. 

Earlier this week my home girl Kayyyyleeeenne went for a little swim. Kaylene is best friends with martha who i baptized in deciember. Shes a great woman, despite having a family full of drugs and violence. I love them both so much. Elder Samol, my third child, baptized kaylene on wednesday. Martha is getting ready to go up to the honduras temple in december. 

Last week in Chinandega i worked with my old companion elder boice for a few hours. He is a great guy and i love him so much. In the night we went to visit a member in the hospital. While we were there someone asked us if we could go pray for a family with a sick little girl who were living in the hospital as they were waiting for blood transfusions. We went and found this little girl curled up on a filthy piece of cardboard with her passed out, intoxicated father and mother smoking several cigarretes lying next to her. What a humbling experience. We gave the 4 year old girl a blessing and it was truly one of the more memorable experiences that i have had in my entire life. I felt a true love for this little girl and it was one of the few moments i have really felt close to my Father in Heaven. 

I am so grateful for my father. He is the man i strive to become every day. The way he loves others, sacrifices everything and works reminds me and many of you of our savior. I am for ever in debt to this man for the things he has helped me learn and understand and for the love he has shown me. 

One of my favorite examples in the scriptures is King Benjamin. He reminds me of my father because of his leadership, humility, and appreciation for the atonement of Jesus Christ. 

And even I, myself, have labored with mine ownhands that I might serve you, 
 Behold, I say unto you that because I said unto you that I had spent my days in your service, I do not desire to boast, for I have only been in the service of God.
behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the serviceof your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God.
And behold, all that he requires of you is to keep his commandments; and he has promised you that if ye would keep his commandments ye should prosper in the land; and he never doth vary from that which he hath said; therefore, if ye do keep his commandments he doth bless you and prosper you.
And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold outfaithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it.
 And lo, he shall suffer temptations, and pain of body,hunger, thirst, and fatigue, even more than man can suffer, except it be unto death; for behold, blood cometh from every pore
For behold, and also his blood atoneth for the sins of those who have fallen
And moreover, I say unto you, that there shall be noother name given nor any other way nor means wherebysalvation can come unto the children of men, only in and through the name of Christ, the Lord Omnipotent.

My father understands what his purpose is in life. He gives everything for others. He understands who his savior is. He is THE Man that has made me the man i am today. I love you so much dad. Thank you.

I love all of you 

-always sleezy-











No comments:

Post a Comment