Sunday, June 14, 2015

Welcome to the Jungle

Elder Hirshi and Elder Jake
Hey guys. didnt get a chance to write yesterday. we had an 8 hour meeting and got done at about 6 pm. Didnt really get to do much in my 3 hour pday but elder hirschi and i had a good time running around in managua for a couple hours. Love you guys so much.

This week elder hirschi ran around in matagalpa and esteli. i got to go to this place called the Dalia. From Matagalpa it is 2 and half hours east into the freaking jungle. When i said i was in the jungle before in esteli that was real, but this place is literally probly where Mowgli and Bagheera live. I worked with Elder Corleto for several days there and it was an amazing experience. I have been in every area in the entire mission (more than 105) and this place is by far my favorite. This little city is built up on the top of a mountian and as far as you can see there is just jungle and mountians. The pictures just dont do it justice. Slept on a wet, filthy matress and woke up to monkeys and parrots. It was freakin awesome. There is a tiny branch of 15 there but the teenagers that go are some of the dopest i have ever met. Looking forward to going back one day and hopefully serving there. Well see if prez hooks it up. 

Elder Hirschi is sick. we are having a great time. shout out to hirschi's mom laurie for the letter. Glad to hear maddy and collin are good. love you guys. 

There is no better feeling in the world than helping someone change their life. The change that takes place in someones life when they start to understand the role that god and christ play in their lives. I get to see this everyday all over nicaragua. Its what makes these two years away from everything and everyone that i love worth it. Its a change i have seen in my own life as well. 

 12 And according to his faith there was a mighty changewrought in his heart. Behold I say unto you that this is all true.
 13 And behold, he preached the word unto your fathers, and a mighty change was also wrought in their hearts, and they humbled themselves and put their trust in the true and living God. And behold, they were faithful until theend; therefore they were saved.
 14 And now behold, I ask of you, my brethren of the church, have ye spiritually been born of God? Have ye received his image in your countenances? Have ye experienced this mighty change in your hearts?
I love nicaragua. Im livin better because God is a part of it. and I thank God everyday for this dirty, impovershed, 3 world country. This place and these people that i love have changed me and allowed me to find myself. 

love you guys. stay sleezy.



No comments:

Post a Comment