Sunday, November 16, 2014

Little Bit of My Own Medicine


Hello friends and fam bam. I love all of you guys and hope that you are all safe and healthy and are taking it sleezy. Just a little update from sweaty, dirty elder jake here in the jungle.

elder sherle and i are having a freakin great  time and are working hard. Right now we are teaching a family of 11 people. They remind me of the crazy sunday night family gatherings that the jacobsens have. a bunch of crazy naked kids running around with a guy who is a hybrid of uncle scott, uncle john, and brent. Scott because he constantly wants to give people massages, john because he laughs like an 8 year old girl, and brent because of the well placed farts during the lesson. They are an awesome family and they all came to church this week. Almost a quarter of the people at church this week were investigators. When i started here in rosario we were seeing about 20 people a week. Now we are up to about 40. Looking to get that big 60 before i leave.

In other news, i got a call last night at midnight from President Collado. He told me to pack my bags cuz he called me to train another new missionary and be a zone leader in tipi tapa, city just outside of managua. I met my new companion, elder clark, who is from ogden utah and has 10 days in the field. Basically just skipped over the whole district leader thing
and right on to bigger things haha. Throwing a little extra wax on the board and putting the life jacket on cuz teahupoo is firing and elder jake doesnt know how he is going to stay in this tube.

I have been telling people my whole mission that god gives us trials to make us better. its the uncomfortability of doing something hard that allows us to both become stronger and put our trust in god. Taking a little of my own medicine this week and dont exactly know how im gonna get this one done. I do know that god is always with us and that he will always give us strength and a way to do all things. "And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: Iwill go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shallprepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

love you all. take it sleezy.


Dylan's new companion Elder Clark



Elder Jake is REALLY tired.  Tough night!

Neighborhood soccer field



No comments:

Post a Comment