Sunday, November 23, 2014

One Love

Howdy Yall. Biggggg take it sleezy from Elder Clarkcito and I. I know i say this every week but i love all of you guys so freakin much. Having the time of my life down here. 

Tipitapa. Love this place. It is about 5 times hotter, poorer, and dirtier here but I really have already developed a love for it in the short week that i have been here. At night, the smog and the smoke from people burning their trash is so heavy that you struggle to see ten feet in front of you. 

 I love elder Clark. This little country boy from northern Utah, straight out of high school, is a little bit out of his element here in this crazy city in Nicaragua but we are having a great time and he is freakin sweet. I already love him so much and know we are gonna shred down here. 

The new crib is well.... Lets just say that i finally feel like I'm in Nicaragua. Filthy floor, plywood surrounding the shower and toilet, and all the cockroaches and spiders you can eat. A couple of nights ago Clark woke up with a giant bug right next to his face and i think i felt a little pee drip down from his bunk haha. He was a wee bit startled haha. One of the beds is completely broken and in the shape of a banana. One of the Assistants to the president came over the other night and ate some of my Halloween candy without permish. Guess what bed he got.... BANANA BED! 

Lunches have also been a little nutty lately. Yesterday we were served a bowl of soup with some sort of mystery meat in it. Let me paint a picture for ya. Imagine a giant, slimy, furry piece of chicken in the shape of foot. now imagine three of those in a nice bowl of orange liquid filled with assorted unions and leaves. I have already learned to just pork down anything that's put in front of you. The hairy foot meat actually was not that bad but i am little nica now. Elder Clark however, dry heaved throughout the whole meal. Mom and elder Clark would get along great. The nice little grandma that served us this soup told us afterward that the meat was cow tongue. I was pretty stoked to check that one off the list and was pretty proud that i managed to throw 3 of those puppies down. Elder Clark however, was not so happy with the news and nearly lost all of his lunch. I told him to be grateful because that is the only action he will get for the next two years!
 
Elder Fairborn and Elder Clark
Elder Anderson and Elder Jake











This week elder Clark asked me what is the biggest thing i have learned on the mission. It startled me a little bit because it really caused me to think about what I think have actually done and become over the last 6 months. However, the answer immediately came to my mind. Love. I have learned to love. Love God, Love companions, and really Love the people here in Nicaragua. I have seen that a love and respect for God has caused me to have a greater desire to help and truly love the people here in Nicaragua. It is a indescribable love that is unlike anything i have ever felt... something that has genuinely changed my life. Was reading in John this week. 

17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

Really just love somebody this week. This time away from all of you has just made me realize how much more i love all of you. Take it sleezy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment